Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Cake

I know that this was originally supposed to be a weight loss blog and I did lose weight this past year, just not as much as I had planned. I suppose for the purists out there, I should change the name of my blog to "Let's Stay Healthy This Year", or perhaps "Let's Make A Birthday Cake For Our Husbands".

In any event, the hubby turned 52 yesterday and all he asked for was a birthday cake. I do love to cook and bake, even if it's with a mix, so here is what he requested...


(Don't you hate how your favorite pan looks gnarly in pictures?)

A chocolate cake - "you know, one of those real fudgy, dark cakes" - it called for a stick of butter and three eggs, so it turned out really rich, but still very light. He is funny in that he prefers cakes from boxes and icing from a can. Hey, works for me!

Only two more weeks until vacation, so my posts will start to become more sporadic as we get ready for our yearly trip to the West Coast.

So grab your coffee, have a piece of "virtual cake" and enjoy your week!

No comments: