Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Every day is a new day

That's what I love about being allowed to wake up each morning. I don't care if it's raining, snowing, or so hot that I sweated all night, I feel so blessed to be able to have a new day. Thank you, Father, for allowing me to have this new day to eat better, to hug my hubby more, to be allowed to make the decision to wear sweat pants and watch TV all day. Yep, I'm a blessed woman.

My hubby got his stitches out yesterday and now he can eat real food again. We have both gained weight this year, (not what I had planned when I named the blog, obviously), but he developed gall stones and I have had to deal with severe acid reflux. Not an excuse, just stating that we both have some dietary restrictions. Plus we eat according to Leviticus and don't eat pig, shrimp, catfish, mushrooms and some other things that are usually part of a diet plan. Being Christians, we don't follow the kosher food laws, but our dietary choices are very similar.

I'm not advocating any specific plan, but I do prefer eating clean foods. Here is an interesting site, regarding clean foods that I just found, I haven't had time to study it, but I am saving it as a favorite.

I haven't decided exactly what we will be doing on our way to get back optimum health, but the first plan is to avoid sugary snacks. No donuts, chocolate bars or layer cakes.

It's a new day, after all.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I also had a goal to lose weight this year, and gained instead. A lot of weight. I'm getting back into it now and am determined to be successful this time! :)