Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wearing of the green

For all of you Irish folks, Happy St. Patrick's Day. Me, I'm celebrating walking on the tread mill again. Prevention Magazine online has a 12 week treadmill program and I'm just getting started on it, but I think I can do it. I'm trying to remember to post my times daily in my sidebar notes.

I picked up a pretty interesting book from Books A Million called Secrets of A Former Fat Girl. If you were a fattie as a younger person, you can really relate to this book. If you've only recently gained your weight, you can still benefit from her wisdom. She's a bit too skinny for my taste, but I'm hoping to use some of her ideas to help me achieve my desired weight and stay there. I know from experience, that exercise is the key for me, because I eat pretty healthy and as much as I hate to exercise, if I can do it, I know you can. Find something you will do on a regular basis and do it. No where to walk in your neighborhood? Go to the zoo and walk around there. Like to play golf? Walk some of the holes instead of riding. Like to dance...put on some music and shake your grove thing. Borrow a kid and go to the park. Any little thing will help if you do it. Don't let that little voice in your head tell you that you can't do it, because I know that you can. I'm gonna lose weight this time. No question about. I want to be healthy. Being old and feeble, is not an option for this happy chick.

All that being said, enjoy your week and get moving!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Even if walking doesn't give me all kinds of energy, I always feel better afterwards because I know I did the right thing. I hope to work up to an intensity that does give me that energy.

Peri said...

Well, I am doing plenty of walking these days, but sadly it does not give me energy and definitely does not inspire me! I will check out the book you mentioned, though. Keep on that treadmill -- if you can lose weight doing it -- I may just have to break down and suffer through it myself. I just find it b o r i n g.

Tina said...

Susan, Your comment you left on my most recent post encouraged me just as you have since I bumped into you in blogland more than a year ago. My post was meant to be an encouragment to others in the battle of the bulge, but you and others have lifted me up and made me wanna keep going.
Thanks sister,
T

Elaine said...

You have such an awesome attitude! I will definitely have to check out that book. I've struggled with being a fattie for most of my life so I'm definitely interested in reading something I can relate to. :)