Just popping in to say hi and to let you know I'm still kickin'. I am firming up! I have been walking on my treadmill at least 3 times a week and am trying to walk for at least 30 minutes. Sometimes I kick it up a notch and run for 30 seconds at a time. I know athletes would laugh at someone saying they could only run for 30 seconds, but some of you out there, know that this is a pretty good start. In this 3o minutes I can almost always walk one full mile, sometimes more. Those same athletes would giggle at that milestone, but did you know that one mile is equal to 17.6 football fields laid end-to-end? But I digress...
Anyway, I was walking through the dining room yesterday with my stretchy pants and my long tee-shirt on and the hubs just came right out and ask "are you losing weight?". I had to tell him, no, but I'm firming up. He said he could tell. I can only figure if I continue to work out several days a week, I will eventually lose some weight. I take vitamins, drink water and eat healthy. One of these days, I'm going to look at the scales and realize that I have lost pounds. Until then, I'm gaining endurance, stamina and flexibility and have ordered new shoes that will help stabilize my alignment. Someday I just may be able to run for more that 30 seconds.
Well, that's the news for me. Take care and hang in there!
3 comments:
That's the encouragement I needed. I've enjoyed reading the book you sent me and it has good tips but it also helps to hear you are seeing a difference too. I've put off doing the treadmill today so I'm going to go do it now!
I'm doing the same thing. 30 minute walks and a few running bursts here and there that get the heartrate going and bring a little sweat.
Awesome, keep it up.
T
I do remember that show and I remember how very "cool" the locals thought it was...our version of Dick Clarks show! I was never brave enough to try to get on that, but I did dance a bit later in life. Still prefer dancing to treadmills, but rarely do either. I couldn't run more than 30 seconds if a dog was chasing me...good for you!!!!!
Post a Comment