At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think I'm ready to try again. I went to Kroger's this evening to get a rotisserie chicken. They are always very tasty, and I use them for salads with bagged greens, a hard cooked egg, some shredded cheese and grapes or strawberries. While waiting for the birds to be cooked to perfection, I was chatting with a lady that was telling me she has lost 12 pounds and I asked her age. She said she is 61 and that it is working. Drinking lots of water and has cut out most sugar, especially sodas and especially junk. She gave me a thumbs up and said age shouldn't be a factor. I know from personal experience that it is much more difficult to lose weight now that I'm older, but I actually feel hopeful. In other words, yes... I'm ready to try again.
I'm wearing a pedometer now and am trying to get in more motion. I'm going to get back on track.
So once again, I'm going to try to lose, actually lose some weight. I'll keep you posted.
6 comments:
Hi. I have been going to Weight Watchers and for me it has made all the difference in the world. I was at goal when I had to spend several months in CA. (I live in OR) to do hospice for my brother. When I returned home July 9 I had gained 10 pounds. Right back to WW and my program. In 5 weeks I have lost 12.8 pounds. I am 58 so age is all a matter of how you feel.
Keep it up you will be happy you did.
Nicole/Beadwright
I've been on an up and down since my big weight loss. Can't seem to get going again. This traveling has really put a hitch in things. Especially my perspective. Let's keep on renewing our minds daily as our health is important. Thinking of you.
Thanks
T
Most of us who are trying to lose are like broken records. We try again and again and again. Until we reach our goal and miraculously don't gain it back...yet again.
I don't think age is a factor either, I seem to lose easier and quicker now that I'm older than I did when I was younger.
I'm trying to drop 10 lbs. and its difficult.
I ain't likin' this whole middle age thing! Hmpf!
~Peanut
I am also 61 and yes, yes, yes...it is harder to lose weight as you age. Not impossible, but difficult. I am always trying to lose 10-12 lbs. I lose it only to gain it back. Most say I look fine but I don't feel good, don't like the way I look unless I'm down to a certain weight. I had done well this summer until 3 weeks ago I fell and hurt my foot and haven't been able to do my daily walks. Bummer!!!!! No exercise...I can feel the ounces coming on one by one!!!! Hang in there, though. You can do it...it takes a lot of work, a lot of consistency, a lot of dedication but it can be done and I have confidence in you!
Susan, excellent post! I think a lot of us are in that same boat. We have to just brush ourselves off and try again! I've never used a pedometer (not sure where to even find one, or what brand is good). I also didn't realize it could record every step automatically. How many steps per day should a person be taking? Like Kathy, you are excellent about exercising! That is my weak point. Keep up the good work! I love your positive can-do attitude. What is the saying? It isn't that we fall that matters, but whether we pick ourselves back up! Be strong!!
Post a Comment