I will miss two of my swimming lessons, but our instructor has given me some "homework" to practice on while I'm on vacation. In case I haven't mentioned, during lesson four, I learned to breathe and swim at the same time. I swam almost the entire length of the lap lane, twice. Samantha is so proud of us. She never thought she would even be able to pry us away from the edge of the pool. She passes out hugs like we were her favorite aunts. We are all at least twice her age.
Sister and I are both artists and are going to use this time to do some painting on location, maybe at seal beach
and will probably go to the local pastel guild meeting, as well as a few art museums. Yesterday when we were talking, we discussed healthy eating and the possibility of also using our time together as what we jokingly call "fat camp".So I will be packing art, swimming and healthy eating into the times when I'm not sitting on my tuckus in the plane, eating airline food. The food these days is not that bad, so I'm pretty sure I won't go overboard and gain while I'm gone.
I'm even getting my hair cut for the trip. As close as I can tell, it's been almost two years since I went to the salon and I'm ready for a nice trendy new cut. Probably will go back to the soccer mom style that was popular several years back, that looks pretty good and is low maintenance.
So hopefully when I return, I will be relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated. If I can just get plenty of easy-to-fix meals ready for hubby we'll all be doing just fine. I don't want him eating junk while I'm gone. Six days is a long time to fend for yourself, poor baby...I miss him already.
Take it easy and maybe, just maybe I'll check in from the West Coast next week.
2 comments:
Well, Susan, I hope you have a wonderful time full of sister time, artful exploration, and fun! Sounds like wonderful plans.
Blessings
T
Good for you!!! Hope you have a good trip. In April I decided to true to lose a few pounds and get healthier. So far I try to track my walking and change my eating...have lost 27 lbs and in 15 I will meet my goal...I am hoping to hit it by the new year. Dianntha
Post a Comment