Well, we had our second session and our first weigh in yesterday. Our trainer had us take our shoes off, even though we initially weighed with them on. Confusing, I know but it did make the first weigh in seem impressive. Plus this way, I can wear whatever shoes I want to work out in. I lost four pounds and everyone else lost one. I knew that I had lost because my scale at home is accurate. So I'm motivated about that.
Our workout consisted of 10 minutes on the elipitical and then 10 minutes on the stationary bikes. We used various resistances and speeds and worked up a good sweat. Funny, after all these years I would like to sweat. I've even started wearing a bandana tied around my head to keep the sweat from going in my eyes. Oh, yeah...that's really a cute look on me. We put on boxing gloves and two of us punched a banana bag, while the other two went around the track. Since hubby and I were going around the track together, we decided to jog and believe it or not, after him slowing me down to pace myself, we jogged the entire lap. It's a 1/8 mile lap and we did that, then ran in the gym so the others could stop punching the bag and get ready to do the track. Without any break, they took to the track and we hit the punching bags. We did this twice, so hubs and I actually ran the lap twice. It was fun and hard at the same time. After that we got on stability balls, leaned back and did crunches for 30 seconds at a time. I'm still a bit scared of the balls and my dismount was very awkward, but I got it done. We then did a stretch and cool down on nice thick floor mats that didn't hurt my coccyx or tailbone, which I broke thirty years ago while ice skating. I just might have to get a mat like that for home.
Well, it was hard to believe that our hour was up. We did another lap on our own to cool down and hubby and I decided to stay at the gym and work of the machines. So I worked ten more minutes on the elliptical, the track again and used the dumbbells and ended up with a 90 minute workout in all.
All in all, it was another great workout and I'm not very sore today. Since we have a challange on Saturday, I do think we will use today as a recovery day. I hope I haven't bored you with this account, but I had never known what working with a trainer was like and thought maybe some of you would find it interesting to see what our trainer was doing.
So that's it for now, I'll be back next week with the results of the challenge. Wish us luck!
2 comments:
Wow, yall really did workout. Keep up the good work. I am going to start working out more as soon as my back gets better. Have had a kink all week. I am going to say "spring is coming, spring is coming" for motivation. AND will have to be tilling up the garden SOON!!
All in all, it actually sounds as if it might have been fun! This is a lot different than my experiences with a trainer...he was much more the "boot camp" type who yelled at me to get off m y fat...anyway, your experience sounds way better! Keep going --you will probably win --but if you don't, you will be way stronger. Can't wait for our next "installment" of The Jetsons!
Post a Comment