When your trainer warns you, "today's routine is very hard" beware. Using the Insanity cardio workout as a guide, we did 50 minutes of calisthenics. We did jumping jacks, push ups, squats, burpees, mountain climbers, 1-2-3's, long jumps, running in place, and side kicks. We used weights. We did planks. Then we did all this over two more times. It was one tough workout. That little negative voice, that has been on vacation, came to watch and even had me thinking during the session, "What's wrong with me, why is this so hard". Why, because it was that difficult of a routine.
Our trainer does this to keep us challenged and to let us know just how much we can do. We are all so much stronger then when we first started. At the end of the session, after a nice stretch and rest, I regrouped and even shot hoops with the hubby.
I have lost another pound this week, bringing me up to 16 pounds since we started the weight loss challenge. Only two more weeks to go. Hubby says he is going to do the challenge again in the advanced class. Me, I think I'll do continue on my own, as I want to get in some swimming and water aerobics also.
Well, that's it for me today. Remember you can do a whole, whole lot more than you ever thought you could. You just have to get started. I am living proof. Fifty-eight years old and doing the Insanity workout....get outta here.
1 comment:
Bravo! Seems to me that the trainer is a bit relentless! Glad it is you who deal with that one. I doubt I could do all that stuff without keeling straight over. So far I have only lost 8 lbs, but at least I am trying...finally. Keep on working. You are my inspiration for this!
Post a Comment