I know, I know. Who does she thing she is, not posting on her weight loss blog since December. She is, like many of you, feeling a bit sheepish because she has gained back about ten of the twenty-three pounds she lost last year.
OK, really, that third person thing just is too hard to keep up so here I am, in all my glory, weighing in at 187. I am down 5 pounds since last week, due to my first week on The Dukan Diet. I researched this plan for weeks before deciding that I really wanted to try it. It is basically, a low fat version of Atkins. I did really well doing a controlled carb plan about ten years ago. Of course, that was pre-meno and if there are any chicks out there of a certain age, they KNOW what I'm talking about. Nothing I have done in the last five years, other than literally exercising myself to exhaustion and counting calories, has made any difference.
When I had my cholesterol checked in January, my numbers were very, very good. My blood pressure was a bit high, but I think that is a bit of "white coat syndrome" that always happens with me when I get it checked. All this being said, I felt like a low fat, low carb eating plan would be completely safe for me. My hubby isn't crazy about it, because he likes when we eat fruit together. Sorry, honey, but I've got to try this plan. Which means no fruit until I have reached my goal weight. The plan is pretty much pure protein for five days then protein and non starchy veggies for five days with oat bran every day for fiber. This is done until you either have lost your weight or you just dont want to do it any more. At that point, you are guided into adding back in various foods (bread and fruit, etc) in a fashion that will help you maintain your weight loss. You do this plan for five days for every pound that you have lost (i.e. 20 pound loss...this phase for 100 days) after you get to the suggested number of days, you go into the final phase that you will follow for life. In other words, by this time you now have made a lifestyle change and are shown how to introduce the occasional treat into you life in a fashion that will prevent you from going back to your old ways.
I am only into phase two which is called Cruise, and it's working for me. If you know anyone who has had success on this plan I'd love to know about it.
So short version is this...I have not given up and I wont. I'll be 59 tomorrow and I workout at the gym 4-5 days every week and I'm no slouch about it. I keep myself motivated, knowing that God gave me this life and this body because He knew he could trust me to take good care of it.
That's the way this old chick rolls.
By the way, if you want to see pictures from my recent Amtrak trip from California to Virginia, check out the link to my everyday blog "A Walk In The Park". I'd love for you to stop by.
Take care and stay motivated. We are going to lose weight this year. I just know it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment