Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yep, I'm still kickin'

I cannot believe I have been so lax in updating this blog.  I think part of the fact is, that once AGAIN, I haven't lost the weight I wanted to.  I am still ten pounds lower than my highest weight since I started, but I get so tired of never losing large amounts of weight.  I think the problem lies in the fact that for me weight loss is a long term exercise (pardon the pun) and sometimes I get so tired of "doing the right thing" that I don't do things right.

I still workout an hour each morning, 4-5 days each week.  Then for the most part I sit on my tush the rest of the day.  Being an artist/jewelry designer/blogger/reader lends itself to a day's worth of sitting.  I, of  course, get up and cook and do dishes and push the laundry into a more manageable pile.  At the end of the day, though, I have still moved very little.

Do NOT get me wrong, I love my life.  This Blessed Life that affords me the luxury to stay at home and do the above mentioned things.  I know that I have been blessed with this life for a reason and that I need to do my part to stay healthy in order to keep pushing toward the goals that I have in life.

With all that being said, I'm going to try to ramp up my routines just a bit.  I am going to incorporate more exercise into my day.  Today I'm going back to the gym to take part in a class called "Back in Shape" which concentrates on balance, stability and core work.  It's geared to the over 55 set, so I should be able to catch up with the class that has been in session since June.

If there is anyone out there that still reads this blog.  PLEASE stop by and say hi.  I sometimes feel that the blogging community has moved on to other things.  I miss you.  Let me know how you are. Let's have virtual tea and cookies...something.

Anyway, that's it for now.  Hope to be back soon, even if there is no one out there.  I have to stay accountable to myself.

TTFN.

2 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I hear ya, Peachy. The key is to keep moving. Even if it's just a stroll around the property. My hubs and I like to do that.

I've made it a point to limit my time sitting in front of this computer. Technology is awesome but it will suck the life out of all of us if we let it.

I found my "secretary spread" spreading more and more. ;> )

Peri said...

Well, welcome back! The trick may be to just decide that for every hour you sit you must walk outside the house or the gym for 1/2 hour. I think that even doing something we enjoy and not over-eating because we are "working" keeps us too sedentary...put on some tunes and dance a bit! Of course I may have to do instead of tell....