Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Junk food

Weigh in day and I am at 177 pounds. That's a 2.5 pound gain for this week. I know it's just a number on the scales and in the long run, that's not what is important.

I have not eaten healthy this week. I can tell that I feel better when I make better choices in food. I ate junk food. Candy, salty crackers, Hardee's biscuit, cheese pizza, soda. These are not good choices for anyone. They are not conducive to good sleep patterns, even my allergies have suffered. Sometimes being a junk food junkie takes it's toll.

Today is today, not yesterday. Today I can take better care of myself. If I don't take care of my health, who will? We are all responsible for the choices we make. I don't hate myself, I just feel yucky for eating junk.

Well, that's all for today. Hope you all have a good week, and stay off the junk food, you'll feel better. Take care.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Don't be discouraged my dear. We are on the same journey and I am at 179 this week after maintaining. I didn't lose an ounce this week. I've only lost 1/2 pound for the past two weeks in a row so I'm just adding in the exercise this week. I really haven't been moving much and I know that makes so much difference.
I'll keep checkin' in on ya and I'll add you to my link list.
BTW I just posted about my weight loss journey for the first time this cycle and I'm putting a running total in my side bar. Glad to know you are out there.
T

Anonymous said...

I love your next to last paragraph. We all should have that attitude.