This has been a rainy spring.
I love this world and am thankful for everyday that I awaken. However, I am getting a bit tired of the rain. The next few words you read will be me sounding like a "poor me baby", but hey, every once in a while won't hurt. The rain makes my allergies act up. That makes my nose run and my ears tingle. My skin feels crawly and my neck is stiff. Gosh, all those symptoms sound serious...not. My skin feels crawly and burning when I am fighting off a cold. So I know that my immune system is working quite well. I'm not getting sick, just some vague symptoms that I can live with.
More whining...Monday we went to get a new DVD player. Since it was raining then also, I stayed under the shelter at the front of the store, holding the purchase, whilst the hubby went to get the car. He pulled up to pick me up and the door was locked, so I had to stand in the rain very briefly while he clicked the lock open. Long enough for me to think I was going to melt like the witch in the Wizard of Oz. Believe me, it didn't take long for my hackles to rise. The very nerve of him, driving around to pick me up and not having the door already unlocked. Humph. So I grab the door open, try to dramatically fling the package into the car to show how "put upon" I was, and promptly scraped my mouth on the corner of the box. That is the way this week has been.
Tuesday wasn't too bad, we did find a new restaurant to go to that has a really good selection on the menu. I normally do salad and unsweetened tea because I monitor my flour and sugar consumption, but yesterday I had a turkey sandwich on rye and a Dr. Pepper. AND split an order of deep fried onion rings with the hubby.
Since this is a weight loss blog, I will mention that I am still 170-172 pounds, but actually I feel pretty good about that. I am not gaining and my knees no longer hurt going up and down stairs.
I am hanging in there and glad to be alive.
For those of you that don't follow my art blog, just for fun, check out this post to see what my hubby made. If you have time to leave a comment, he would get a big kick out of it.
Take care and stay dry.
3 comments:
"Found" you and recognized myself! I started "my" healthy living (read "weight loss") blog a few weeks ago. Decided I needed daily accountability & motivation and have found it by keeping this up to date. You are a charming, talented & interesting person - I can tell by skipping through your two blogs! Don't give up on ANY of your dreams!
Hi Susan,
You asked about salad dressing. Lately I have been making my salads interesting with one or a combination of the following 3:
1) coleslaw (in moderation)
2) humus
3) balsamic dressing.
Good on you to have the rye, Dr Pepper etc... we'd go insane if we were good 24/7 :-)
Bye for now, Liska x
Oh, your comment just now made me laugh really loudly like a belly laugh. It is 9:39 at night but I just had to ring Victor and tell him what you said - he is cheeky but you are right he is very funny.
Taking time back, is equivalent of taking time owed... so I work Monday to Friday, so I took this afternoon off because I worked 4 hours on Saturday (for the customer focus group). When I do long hours on week days I don't take it back, but as it was a Saturday and I was practicing self love....
I can't believe you don't have rocket where you are - I LOVE IT... Do you call it something else. It is green leaves, and very peppery - perfect addition to spice up a boring salad.
Oh I took your points on board RE: martyr - thank you. x
Bye for now, Liska x
Post a Comment