Friday, June 5, 2009

Another rainy weekend

I love a rainy weekend and it looks like one is rolling in. A rainy weekend lets you get caught up on things you avoid when it's sunny. I have been lax about my dishes for several...

sorry, I had to stop and talk about monkeys with my DH...

anyway, I had been rinsing my dishes off and stacking them in the sink for several days. I know, I know. It's been a busy week with errands to run and friends coming over. Fortunately they never seem to mind dishes stacked in my sink, neatly covered with a tea towel as camouflage. So today while it sprinkles rain outside I decided to do the dishes. One reason I always hesitate to do my dishes is that, in addition to our stoneware, we use lots of disposable cups and because we have no recycling for Styrofoam, I always use them several times, washing them in between times. This means when I run my dishwasher for the dishes, pots and pans that I still have Styrofoam and Solo cups left to wash. This means I still have to fill the sink with soapy water and have rinse water. I was just thinking that the main reason that I don't do all my dishes by hand, is that I don't have enough draining room for all these cups and I have to dry them in between batches.

Hmmm....since I'm washing dishes anyway, why not just pull out the racks on the dishwasher. It's right next to me at the sink and it makes the perfect dish drainer.

So, my friends, that's is my post for today. Have you wanted to cut down on the usage of your automatic dishwasher, but you don't have drying space on your counter for your dishes? Fill the sink up with warm sudsy water for washing and the other sink (or a large vessel) filled with water for rinsing, wash away. It's calming and therapeutic. It's not work at all, and it saves on electricity and water. Nobody loses this way.

Enjoy your weekend and do something good for yourself. Even if it's as simple as having positive thoughts, do it for yourself.

Take care, and we'll talk soon.

3 comments:

New Mum Online said...

Thanks sweetie, I will have lots of positive thoughts this weekend.

I do not own a dishwasher - never have - but we have 2 at work. I also let the dishes build up for a couple of days... and then I only enjoy cleaning them if I have the radio on while I do so.

Have a super weekend. We have rainy weather here too.

xxx

New Mum Online said...

Thanks for your comment just now. I thought all the bloggers were having a Sunday off :-)

Have a good one.

x

New Mum Online said...

An "after" photo what a good idea! That has given me some motivation. (Get myself to a photogenic state)

:-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x