If I knew that God would grant me one request right before I died, what would that be?
There is a song called Live Like You Were Dying, it's a great song and it lists some of the things a person would want to have done before they died. That's not really what I'm all about. I love my life and really can't think of anything that I wish I could have done, or places I wanted to visit. My request would be something else. I would love to know that everyone that I have hurt in any way, be it a hissy fit that I threw or an unintentional slight, or any thing I said that caused pain... that when I pass away that memory passes with me. I am not talking about leaving a legacy behind or asking for anyone to sing my praises. I'm not even talking about forgiveness. Usually if I have had words with someone or something has happened, we can usually talk it out. I just think it would be so wonderful, if when loved ones pass away, we really wouldn't remember anything but good. Wouldn't that be neat?
Well, after all that thinking and peeling and chopping, we had a lovely bowl of soup followed up by an nice orange. I hope you all have a nice evening and are looking forward to another day. I know I am. I always do. Tomorrow is always the day that we can do something a bit different. Tomorrow is one of my favorite days.
Take care and stay healthy and happy.
XOXOX
Well, after all that thinking and peeling and chopping, we had a lovely bowl of soup followed up by an nice orange. I hope you all have a nice evening and are looking forward to another day. I know I am. I always do. Tomorrow is always the day that we can do something a bit different. Tomorrow is one of my favorite days.
Take care and stay healthy and happy.
XOXOX
6 comments:
I like this post my dear. It's a good thought to have. Quiet, cooking, and thinking. I could handle a little of that.
T
I need to do that more often. Most of the time, I turn the TV on when I am preparing food, but you reminded me of the few times I have just enjoyed the peace. Back in my smoking days, I would go sit and think, and actually claimed that as my time of meditation. Wish I would have realized that chopping veggies would have been a good substitute...might not have gained this last 10 pounds!
That's a terrific wish, Susan. I can't think of anything that would really be more important.
I know what you mean about that song, too. It always gets to me.
Hugs,
Angela
Hey, long time no speak. How are you? I didn't have a laptop for a while but I am back to blog land now. Liska xx
I did a lot of housework yesterday, and although I had the radio on throughout, it was a talk show and all very thought provoking, so I was thinking, but about the content of the radio show. It was beneficial though as it took me away from the mundane tasks I was conducting and kept me cleaning speedily :-)
I know what you mean though, I do love cooking in silence; I go into my own little meditative world.
Liska x
Your post touched my heart. What a great wish!!
Post a Comment