I mentioned a few days back that I was thinking of doing South Beach. The first phase is very much like Atkins, in that you are very low carb, which means high protein...which for me, means constipation. Yes, it's a condition that sometimes needs to be addressed. Even if you are squeamish discussing it, you need to know that everything is "moving along" correctly. Be honest with yourself. If you aren't going to the bathroom as you should, you will be uncomfortable and unhealthy. Do what you know works. Don't do high protein if fruits, veggies and peanuts keep you regular. Eat your FIBER! Drink LOTS of water. Get some exercise. Usually there is no need to take laxatives. Take care of yourself in a natural and healthy way.
Well, that's my rant for today. Take care and enjoy your week!
2 comments:
Sometimes we need to talk about these things. Rant away and hope things keep moving along nicely.
T
did the constipation mean you stayed away from your thoughts of doing that eating plan then?
Hope so.
I had a colonic in Ireland, and agree that things moving along nicely is for the best :-)
When I once did Atkins (a long time ago) I got chest pains :-(
x
Post a Comment