I am one of those folks that always reads ingredients on food labels. I pride myself on trying to use the best ingredients when I cook. I try to avoid excessive sodium, trans fats, sugars and such.
My hubby has been craving macaroni and tomatoes, like he had when he was a youngster. It's such a simple dish, you cook the macaroni and then drain and add it to a skillet that has a large can of tomatoes that have been simmering while you cook the pasta. I chose a can of Del Monte Diced Tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and onion. It was yummy, almost to the point of being delightful. We loved it.
When rinsing the can to put it in with the recyclables, it struck me that I hadn't read the label on the tomatoes. Why should I, it's just tomatoes and seasoning, right? Wrong. I was stunned when I read that the third ingredient was high fructose corn syrup. I still don't know why it was there, but it's a lesson learned. Check the ingredients, even if you KNOW there can't be anything bad in it. The next time I will make sure to check that label.
Don't know if I had mentioned that I have been almost incapacitated by what I thought was tennis elbow for a week or more and nothing I did brought any relief. Well, I woke up yesterday feeling so yucky that I could not stay out of bed. Nausea and stomach yuckies and other muscle aches when I was up. Today I feel back to normal today, no tennis elbow and the stomach is ok.
I had forgotten that whenever I am fighting off a cold or something of that nature that my arms and legs hurt. I am so seldom sick, that I don't even recognize the symptoms. I was almost ready to head to the hospital since we know that heart attacks in women, have unusual symptoms. Well, I'm ok now and ready to face the world.
I do have to say that I even feel lighter now and am going to watch what I eat. I had gotten a bit complacent and maybe that's why I got sick. My immunity levels must have dropped. You are what you eat, after all.
That's it from me for today. Remember watch what you eat and if you do get a "bug" take care of yourself.
1 comment:
Thanks for the heads up Susan. I am an avid label reader too.
I am glad to hear you are feeling better too.
And I wanted to tell you the new picture of you, you posted on flicker is awesome and you look very skinny!!
Post a Comment