Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Six weeks until vacation

Yes, I know...most folks take vacation in the summer. Not us. My sisters live in San Diego and they always give us a trip out to see them and to do fun stuff. We usually stay in a hidden resort where it is very quiet and we go to the spa and take it really easy for a few days. This time we are staying at a resort on Mission Bay and will be within walking distance (sort of) of lots more stuff. So this means I've got six weeks to build up my endurance so I can keep up with my hubby. He doesn't like to dawdle.

I just got off the tread mill. I did 1.25 miles in 35 minutes. I started slow for about 10 minutes and them did 10 minutes on 2.5 and 2.7 MPH (which is about as fast as I can handle at this point) and then raised my incline to 3 for 5 minutes. I brought it back down to 1 on the incline and stayed at 2.5 until the last 5 minutes where I did a cool down at 2.0 down to 1.0 and stopping.

I had already eaten way too much today. I went clothes shopping and had to have a snack on the way. Dr. Pepper and .99 bag of Utz party mix. My favorite treat. Then swung by KFC and got popcorn chicken and fries which I dipped in ranch dressing. I said I had eaten too much.

So my trip shopping is done and I can concentrate on eating right and walking on the treadmill and making sure all my tops have matching necklaces and earrings. You probably know how I am about my adornments.

So want to join me in my six week training session? Maybe motivate me by your success? I am awful at losing weight. I have been in XL tops and size 16 bottoms for so long (and I'm just barely 5'4"). I really think I can see some changes in six weeks if I stick with it.

So that's it for today. Oh, another thing...my husband is going to D.C. this weekend with a group of folks, so I am going to stay at home and keep my telly and radio off and have a weekend of silence. I will only talk to him when he calls to check in. I suppose you might say it's a mini vow of silence. Drinking lots of water, bible reading and reflection are on the schedule. I plan to be rested and refreshed when he returns Saturday night. Feel free to join me in this little plan, also.

Take care.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Well, dear, we truly are kindred spirits. I need a 6 week program and some motivation. I'm in XL tops and size 14 bottoms and at 5'2'(barely).
Blessings to you my dear.
T

Dusty said...

I am also in need of a 6 week program. I hate diets! I am trying to do a "no fast food" plan! I did make an allowance for a weekly chicken salad sandwich from Chick-fil-a! Yummy! The cold untoasted ones are best!