Saturday, November 7, 2009

You call it corn, we call it maize

Remember that commercial? I have a new one available if anyone is asking.

You call it polenta, we call it grits.

Now I'm sure the purists out there will say, no it's not the same. The grind is different, and such, but no matter what you call it, this is a yummy treat made from ground corn. It's a good way to keep calories low and the tummy warm. I use instant grits by Quaker, not only for the convenience of just adding water, but they have a really cool interactive web page. You can buy flavored grits, I usually just get the butter or plain and add my own extras. I really like to add some grated (read powdered) Parmesan cheese.

So that's my low cal, low fat, high flavor tip for today...GRITS!

(By the way, that also stands for Girls Raised In The South) that's me, too.

No comments: