Just because my treadmill is discombobulated and I'm not ready to tackle the fitness center, doesn't mean I can't do something....so I decided to try jumping rope. Until the weather is better, I am going to use the laundry room. My longest streak so far is...TA DA...7 jumps. Gotta start somewhere. I'll be doing that fast boxer's training jump before you know it.
That's it for today. Remember to hang in there, we didn't get here overnight, so let's be reasonable in our expectations and not so hard on ourselves.
6 comments:
Yes, yes, small goals, totally agree!
Ummm, but I don't WANT to be reasonable, I want to say, Poof, all the fat and weight is just GONE, LOLOLOL I agree, though, small goals are more the "right" thing to do, LOL. Smiles,
Lets do it im going to go try a spin class tommororw
I really enjoy your blog. I just went back and read everything you've posted since the beginning of November. You're really a good writer and I didn't know about your art blog but I enjoyed that image you posted. That spaghetti squash sounds great. Pasta is a weakness of mine and that sounds like a good substitute. But I was struck too about what you wrote in one of the postings about waking up in the morning and being grateful for a new day. I was watching an interview with Patti Smith on TV last night and she was talking about how she has the same thought when she wakes up each day. That it's great to still be here and have another day to do something cool. She talked about what a simple blessing that is. And that's something I lose sight of - that every day is a gift. I'm not religious but I do feel blessed. Anyway, I appreciate both your honesty and your good writing. -- Sue (aunt of genevieve and....)
I am the world's worst jump roper. I constantly trip over the rope, and then get frustrated, say a few expletatives, and then give up. I'm sure you'll have much better luck with it than I did. I don't know what's wrong with my feet, lol.
7 jumps? That's really a lot better than I bet I can do today! I have a very, very long driveway and I am walking down from the back door to the street, across our frontage, and back up the very, very long driveway. Talk about your small goals!!! Good work, hang in there...we will lose weight this year..yep.
Post a Comment