This week the sun has been shining and we have broken several temperature records. It seems like it has gone directly from being sweater weather to shorts and flip flop weather. Now that I am passed age 55, the skorts are usually for home wear only, but if these temps stay up there, you never know.
Springtime brings out the quirky little urges in us. In addition to wanting to clean and rearrange things, mine this week was to work out. Yesterday I followed my personalized SparkPeople routine, and even though I took it fairly easy, I am sore today.
I was scheduled to do cardio today, but I couldn't bring myself to do much. I cleaned and organized my art supply closet so at least I did get some movement. I have accumulated a lot of things that I need to donate, so I'll be going through things like jewelry, clothes and art supplies.
I went to the mall yesterday and tried on clothes and talk about depressing. I have been lulled into a false sense of security by....yoga pants. They are so stretchy and comfortable, that even though the scales kept going up this winter, my pants still fit. Fast forward now to me trying on my regular tops and jeans and none of my clothes fit. So what do you do? Hide all summer and try to lose enough weight to get in your clothes or bite the bullet and buy the next size up? I'm at such a strange place, size 16 is too tight and size 18 is too big. Ahh, well.
Did I mention that I have a cough? A bit of bronchitis, we think, but it sure hurts when I cough.
I hope everyone had a good weekend and is prepared for a wonderful week. Remember to keep the families of the fallen miners in your prayers. My mother used to say "there, but for the Grace of God, go I". I can understand what she meant. I may be overweight and dealing with less than optimum health, but my family is safe and not touched by grief. For this and many other things, I am thankful.
Hang in there friends. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.
4 comments:
Hope your cough hits the road soon. I always enjoy reading your posts and keeping up with you.
Have a blessed day.
T
Maybe you shouldn't do too much while you have a cough. Take care of yourself
Nicole/Beadwright
Elastic waist pants of any fabric have given me that false sense of size too. I can relate to this post!
Don't know if it is nice or not --I also have the same problem...in between sizes of clothes...so I went to Catherines and bought pants that fit fairly well...of course the label says size 5 and we all understand THAT, don't we? Hope the cough is better by now, too.
Post a Comment