I did something yesterday. I broke one of my self imposed rules. For some reason, I have made it a hard and fast rule, that in order to walk on the treadmill, I have to have exercise pants on. Yesterday I decided to find out why I had made this rule. I am such a rebel...I just turned the machine on and walked in jeans and guess what? Nothing unusual happened. I didn't get too hot, or too tired or too anything.
So perhaps this weekend would be a good time to re-evaluate your rules. Are they legitimate or or they excuses?
Think about it and act on it. You'll be glad you did.
Have a great weekend.
5 comments:
Putting on the workout attire is part of my pre-workout ritual. I feel more like I'm taking it serious when I'm wearing comfortable, yet somewhat fitted workout clothes. I don't know if I could move freely in street clothes either.
Whatever works for you is most important though. You're doing it and that's what counts! :)
Now that's funny, sometimes I use the excuse that I don't want to get dressed to work out and so I don't.
jeans are ok.
Thanks
T
Hi Susan, just wanted to let you know that the answer to the question you posted for my trainer is live on my blog today.
I walk on my treadmill in whatever I put on for the day. Since I don't actually run on it, I've found that anything works and doesn't hinder me at all.
The only hard and fast rule related to exercise or weight that I have is that I must weigh only once a week, Monday morning after my shower and before my coffee!
I have found that to be useful because I don't have to worry about the weight of my clothes at all. Who care about what THEY weigh? I have lost 4 pounds in three weeks!! Okay, I did exercise...once--I swam for 20 minutes...then the next day got too cold to go in the pool at all (it was 58 outside), so I didn't have to make a rule about that exercise. (Thank goodness). But you are right --most of my rules are really excuses -- sorry World.
I agree with
Post a Comment