Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm still here

Just popping in to let you know that I'm still around. I've been doing a lot of art lately, and have sort of let my blogging here sag. Sorry about that. I have no weight loss to report, but I will mention that I'm dealing with swelling. I have periodically had a problem with swelling of my fingers, especially if I sleep a long time. This happened as a teen quite often as I loved to sleep in. Now I'm noticing that my left foot is swelling if I nosh down on salty snacks. So for the next few days, weeks, etc. I'm going to really be monitoring my salt and sodium intake. What about you? Do any of you have to deal with this? What's your take on it?

Have a great weekend, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and watch that sodium. Read your labels carefully and make good choices.

Talk soon.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

My ankles always get swollen in the summer when it is hot and humid. I think I retain water more during the warm weather or something. I guess my hands do too because my wedding ring is tighter.

Peri said...

I periodically will have swelling of the hands if I have not had sufficient water intake...ankles swelling for me is related to sitting too long at one time PLUS either too much salt( only when I eat out..I rarely use salt when I cook) or not enough water. Oddly, swimming seems to cause it too. So best advice is drink water, watch the salt and don't sit around too long...advice we all generally don't take, right?
I'm trying though....