Even though I took early retirement four years ago, I still remember the feeling of having an extra day off. I don't miss working AT ALL and I encourage anyone who can swing it, to either work from home or don't work at all. It is wonderful. Anyway, I can relate to a nationwide Day Off. Especially from work.
Speaking of work, I promised myself that I would start Slim in Six today. The hubby has been doing it off and on for several months now and while he hasn't lost that much weight, his tummy is shrinking. I hadn't done this workout (or any for that matter) for a couple years, so I took it slow thinking I would be miserable. Actually I wasn't. I finished the 27 minute workout with only minimal breaks, but I took them when I needed them. I know if I push myself too far, I will get discouraged and quit. The second and third stage of the program are actually quite intense and I never really mastered the third stage at all. Three years later and 20 pounds more will make working out a bit different for me, but I have been walking some and hopefully I have a bit of endurance built up. I'm just not used to sweating.
I'm struggling to do this, but I've decided to post my before picture. I took this picture last month using the self-timer and I look a bit goofy because I kept having to run back in place to pose. I would like to think that this picture shows me as chunkier than I really am, but alas, that is probably not the case.
So here I am at 190.8, 5'3-3/4" and having to put an extender on a size 38 "over-the-shoulder boulder holder". I want to get healthier so I can enjoy these years of early retirement. Hope these photos motivate you to see yourself as you really are and keep plugging away at healthy habits.
Love ya all and Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:
Keep plugging away as I am. I've had a bit of a set back but i'm back on track. Ugh! what a battle this is
T
Isn't trying to lose weight just the worst??? I (fortunately)don't have a whole lot I need to lose but I always seem to be gaining those few pounds, then losing them. It's sooooo aggravating. I am truly the world's worst dieter! I had lost about 8 lbs. over the summer; was walking several times a week and keeping my eating under at least "some" control. Then about a month ago I feel down our stairs, sprained my ankle really badly, and haven't been able to exercise since! I don't dare get on the scales because I am soooo afraid I've gained back most of those pounds and I just couldn't stand to see my weight!!!! I hoped to be back to walking this week but no such luck. Very discouraging! Hang in there...just keep telling yourself you can do it! Good luck!
Post a Comment