Thursday, October 28, 2010

I am sombody!

Do you remember Steve Martin in The Jerk?  When he saw his name in the phone book, he got all excited because he "was somebody".  Today I feel like that!  I finally signed up at the gym.  I am somebody! I'm a member.  They even took my picture to have on file.

I have been talking about signing up for the gym for well over a year.  My recent swimming lessons at this same center got me going in that direction.  My swimming instructor teaches water aerobics, and you have to be a member to participate.  There are, other water classes that are separate, but the one she teaches is a member's only class.  There are several classes like that. Ones that really are an incentive to become a member.  So I signed up today and even used the recumbent bicycle.  I cycled for fifteen minutes and went two miles.  I thought since I was new, that I had better take it slow.  I tried the elliptical machine for only two or three strides before I realized that it hurt my knees so bad I couldn't continue.  I then walked the indoor track four laps, which is only 1/4 mile, but since I have swim class tonight, I didn't want to overdo it.

Recently I started taking Green Tea Extract, the one I am using is Mega T and it is supposed to help rev up your metabolism.  I thought it would make me jittery like those old No Doze pills did, but this is very different.  I have been feeling energetic, but not manic.  I do have a bit of a caffeine sensitivity, so I make sure I take them pretty early during the day.

So I'm off to my 12th swimming lesson tonight and probably will do water aerobics tomorrow.  The reason for these changes...I am not happy at all with the numbers on my scale and I am going to try harder to get more movement in.  I'm taking it easy, but not too easy.

Nobody can do my exercises for me, so give me an "Atta Girl" and join me if you want. 

We'll talk soon.

2 comments:

Peri said...

Well, to all of those who read your blogs you already are somebody! However, being a "member" does rather make one want to do well because there are other "members" watching and possibly getting motivated by your behavior. Much easier than doing it on one's own I think...if you need a walking buddy or someone to spot on a piece of equipment..members help out other members. So it can be beneficial both directions! Glad the swimming is going well...the aerobics might be just the deal you need! Wouldn't work for me -if I won't do them on land, I wouldn't do them in water, sort of thing. I have my own set of fun exercises for the water and having them regimented would take the fun away for me...or so I think.
Hang in there and work hard! You also have one official "AttaGirl!"

Anonymous said...

I just need a little explanation, would anyone care to elaborate on the last comment?
This is a clear example of a harmless meaningless post, so why delete it, mr Moderator?
There once was a time when I blogged about this stuff like crazy. Not many people came to my blogs.
This page rocks, keep up the good work.

Reality is that part of the imagination we all agree on.