It's almost Thanksgiving here in the States and while I am prayerfully thankful all year long, this holiday does make us stop and think of how blessed we are with the family, friends and talents that we have.
For years, I went all out with the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Then several years ago, my hubby asked if my feelings would be hurt if we didn't go with the huge bird. He sheepishly admitted that he really didn't care for all the left overs but knew how much I liked to cook and didn't want to hurt my feelings. Since then we have had various things for Thanksgiving, but finally settled on, of all things...Hungry Man Dinners. He loves them. They are made by Swanson, the original frozen food folks. I add some extra instant mashed potatoes and gravy from a jar and a can of jellied cranberry sauce. Hmmm, are you seeing a pattern here? Nothing made from scratch. My hubby is a simple guy and gourmet food is just not his thing. I love to cook and usually feed him plenty of fresh fruits, veggies, fish and chicken. But when Thanksgiving comes around, he's anxious to have his TV dinner, knowing that he wont have to eat any left overs except pumpkin pie, which is going to be a pop-in-the oven and bake treat.
So Thursday's dinner is all planned. This is just Tuesday, what to do until then? How about hitting the gym? I have been going to three Zumba classes a week and getting a real workout. On the other days I'm pedaling away on a recumbant bicycle and sometimes the recumbant stepper. I round it out with 30 minutes on the indoor track. In January, I am going to embark on our health club's version of The Biggest Loser. We will meet with a trainer twice a week for fifteen weeks. Fitness, nutrition, trips to the store, weigh ins and the like are included. Under normal circumstances 30 individual sessions with the trainer would be around $1200.00. This program is only $200.00 so I am psyched to be getting such a deal, and the trainer is my Zumba coach instructor and I really like her.
I mentioned previously that I was going to a hoopercise class. I only lasted 15 minutes, the warm up was too much for me. I'm just not ready for an intense core workout. If you are in better shape than me, and you want to work your core, then the hooping just might be for you. It never hurts to try.
Well, that's it for me for a while. Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy. Please be careful during the holidays, especially if you are travelling.
Enjoy life and remember to be Thankful.
2 comments:
I am glad to read that you are sticking with the Zumba and are committing to a "Biggest Loser" contest of sorts. Competition can be great incentive!! Go for it!
As for Thanksgiving, well this year it will be: breakfast (I hate fixing it so that is a special thing to offer up) and lunch will be our traditional un-iced cupcakes (2 each) w/coffee and we are going out for a buffet dinner in the late afternoon (no leftovers). Trying to stay reasonable...Neither of us likes Hungry Man, but that is a great idea! Happy Thanksgiving to you and DH!
Thanks for the reminder to be thankful :-)
I hope you are well sweetie and sorry it's been so so so so long.
Lots of love, Liska x
Post a Comment