Friday, December 17, 2010

Where, Oh Where Can She Be?

I'm still kickin', as we say Down South.  I have been going to the fitness center five days a week.  Doing Zumba Gold three times weekly and then using the recumbent bicycle and cross trainer machine on the other two days.  I think I mentioned that a weight loss challenge similar to Biggest Loser is offered at the center.  The hubs and I are going to sign up for the next one that starts January 24th.  I am basically trying to get myself in better shape for the challenge. 

So, I'll bet you are thinking, "that Susan, I'm so jealous of her...she must be losing weight like crazy".  Ahhhh, right...no, I still haven't lost a single pound.  I haven't lost any inches yet.  I find this so bizarre.  I am really being diligent about my workouts, but while I'm not going crazy on holiday foods, I'm not "dieting" as we know it.  I'd like to say that I'm saving that for the challenge, but I doubt you would actually believe that.  My point being, even though neither the scales nor the measuring tape has changed, I feel different.  I think I might even look smaller in the mirror.  I really think that something is happening under these massive layers of skin and tissue that cover my muscles.  Yep, I really think that those muscles are changing, so I am beginning to realize that I may need to reevaluate my goals.  While I really do want to lose weight and I really want to be smaller, I have to say that my main goal is to get stronger.  My sister and I were discussing last night, the fact that something as simple as opening a jar is much harder now than when we were whipper snappers.  So, I'm thinking that my long term goal will be strength.  I want to be strong enough to open jars, and fling up windows.  Strong enough to go up the steps without relying on the handrail.  It's good to be careful and use that handrail when I need it, but I don't want to depend on it any more. Strong enough to lift my large boxes of art supplies or containers of beads without saying a silent prayer that I won't drop something and knock myself in the noggin.

So here goes, my long term goal is to be as strong as I can be by 2012.  That's the year I go into my next chronological decade. That's all I'm saying about that, but you get my drift.  Anyway, I want to be strong.  I want to be able.  I want to be capable.  And if it means making changes in my lifestyle, well that's what I'm going to do.  I don't like to exercise, but I don't like being a roly-poly Weeble, either.  Now don't get me wrong, I love Weebles. We all love Weebles. After all, Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down.  They are cute and fun to have around, and while their body shape is good for them, it's just not for me.

So that's it from snow covered Virginia.  We're healthy, happy and awaiting a new year.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  And speaking of Merry Christmas, here is a little one that will be experiencing his first Christmas this year and he is a doll baby to be sure.


So as a fun gift to them, how about you stop by and see Aaron and his Mommy at her blog, and tell them Auntie Susan sent you!  So if I don't post before Christmas, Merry Christmas to All and to All A Good Night!

4 comments:

New Mum Online said...

You've just put tears in my eyes.

And a HUGE lump in my throat.

That is so so so thoughtful of you Auntie Susan.

Liska xxx

New Mum Online said...

Hi, me again,

I always had a thumbnail of this blog on Liska Life, but on my current Mummy blog I only link (under Blogs I follow) to your Art one, so now I have rectified that.

It looks so cute, as the thumbnail photo is of Aaron. Thanks again.

That photo used to be in my side-bar under "popular posts" which dropped due to other posts overtaking it, which doesn't seem right at this festive time of year. I was thinking that today sadly, and then came on the computer realising you must have heard me, as you have given "santa baby" a second wind :-)

Thanks, Liska x

New Mum Online said...

Hi,
Sorry me yet again. You inspired me to do a Christmassy post which I have now finally finished... with a link to you at the end.
Liska xxxx

New Mum Online said...

Peri, I don't know how to reply to you so will do so here and on my blog. Thanks so much for your comments. I will update my post to show the snow.
Liska x