Sunday, January 16, 2011

Only one more week...

Just a quick post to let my friends know that it's just one more week until my hubby and I start the weight loss competition at our fitness center.  And yes, we have been quietly sneaking in foods that cause us to binge a bit.  For me, it's sugar.  If I start out the day with a sugary breakfast, then I want soda and candy and cobbler and anything sweet the entire day.  For hubs,  his sugar habit is a bit different than mine. His is candy.  If he eats one Reese cup, he wants an entire 4-pak and then two packs of Twix and then he wants to top it off with a Hershey bar.  At one sitting.  So that thing of limiting your sugary treats doesn't really work for us.  We will (at least I am) going to go off sugar completely.  I will also limit my "white" foods. You know the pastas, and rice and breads that have been so refined that we hardly need to chew them.  I may have mentioned in the past a book called "The No Flour, No Sugar Diet" by Dr. Peter Gott.  It may be a bit too much for some folks, but it really does have some great ideas in it.

So, for the next week I'll be consuming and then saying bye bye to some of the foods that I know will trip me up.

This weekend, on my other blog I wrote about some of our self-inposed rules that you may find interesting.  Even though it usually is an art blog, this post isn't art related and I'd like to invite you over to see my take on some of those little rules that may have us stumped.  So just click here and you will be redirected to my "A Walk In The Park" blog.

I do hope everyone has had a great weekend.  Stay safe and get ready for a new week!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

mmmmmmmmmm sugar, the mere word makes me want some chocolate! I've got a bunch of weight to lose... man.... bummer huh.