Just a quick post to let you know that today is week seven of our fifteen week program. Hubby and I have each lost 12 pounds and 12 inches. I am still stunned that our trainer can challenge us each session. Today, she put us on the super incline treadmill. It's actually a terrain trainer and the incline is intense.
I am telling you this bad boy will kick your....well, you know what I mean. So we did a circuit on this machine, then the stationary bike and the stair climber,
We were supposed to be doing seven minutes on each, but I could only handle five minutes on this monster, even after reducing the speed. It's intense, but it really does the job. My legs are getting much stronger than they were.
After these machines, we did a walk-run for two laps and came back to do a circuit of step, punching and a neat thing called a TRX suspension strap. You can do lots of exercises with this piece of equipment. I chose to do a kind of pull up, with my body at an angle, pulling my weight up. Hard, but doable.
My exercise was similar to this, except I kept both feet on the ground in front of me and pulled up. Two more laps around the track followed this. Then we finished up with 80 crunches. Yep, I did 80 crunches. We ended the session with a lovely stretching sequence.
We were feeling good, so after class I did six more laps of walk/run and then shot hoops on the basketball court for about 15 minutes. When I started shooting with the hubby, I couldn't make a basket from the foul line. Now I shoot from there regularly. Years of playing H.O.R.S.E. on the court across from the house as kids finally paid off.
Well, that's my report for this week. Hope everyone is have a great week and is motivated to get moving. Take care and remember to listen to your body. If it says "stop, I'm feeling bad", listen to it.
Have a great weekend!



1 comment:
Well, you are still kicking it! Great. I don't have any of these machines around, but I do have stairs available and I do have a really steep driveway I can go up..not at my regular house, but one nearby and it is just about that steep. I will try them both out and see how I do. The TRX strap is not too bad (I used it a few times back when I did go to the gym),but I keep remembering the time I tried it and my feet slipped....let's not go there! So brava to you for keeping it going. Proud that you are still hanging in there...I am off now to climb stairs--thanks for the continuing motivation.
Post a Comment