Just a quick post to let you know I'll still working out and getting stronger. My weight has stalled at 182. I think this is three weeks at the same number. I try not to be too tied down by numbers. I am getting smaller, stronger and healthier. At my age, what more can a gal ask for? We had a good workout yesterday, running laps and doing circuit exercises. This is not my favorite routine, but the body needs a variety of moves, in order to stay revved up and to strengthen the muscles. Remember this if you are going about the same routine, day after day. At some point, if you don't change it up and challenge yourself, it's not really that beneficial.
I know that I used to think, something is better than nothing, but is that really the case? There is one gal at our gym that looks maybe 40 something, that is carrying all her excess poundage in her front. She is a bit barrel shaped. Every day she strolls the track. I mean really slowly. I don't know her story, she may be recovering from something that prevents her from moving any faster, but I really don't think that is the case. Maybe it's the fact that she talks on the telephone the entire time she is walking. She does wear those shoes that are supposed to help exercises your muscles, but I'm skeptical about those also.
Sorry, I got side tracked for a bit. Had what my sister calls a shiny moment. Got distracted by something else, you know. Any way, my point being in addition to changing up my workout routine, I think it's just about time for me to drop my daily calories down a bit. I'm at 1400 calories a day and burning off usually about 400-600 calories depending on the workout. There is a technique called Zig Zag Dieting that is used by Weight Watchers, as well as numerous bodybuilders. In essence, it takes the number of calories you are consuming per week and instead of having the same number each day, one day you might do 1000, then one day you do 2000, and then you drop back to 1400 and so on. As long as the calories equal the weekly amount, and this is supposed to shock or snap you system out of the groove that you have gotten into. I am not one to sponsor or suggest any particular website, but this one has a good description of what I'm talking about.
Well, hubby just got back from having his cholesterol checked, and boy are his numbers greatly improved. He went from totals of 247 to 202. All of his numbers are borderline perfect, instead of borderline scary. Weight loss, exercise and healthy eating, as well a being a man of strong faith seems to be working for him. So join me in congratulating him on such a good check up.
Also, Happy Birthday to Peri! My sweet sister and one of my favorite commenters has a birthday today. Go Peri Nicole, have fun today and enjoy life, as it is good.
2 comments:
I'm the Queen of ADD. Wait, what was i saying.
Isn't it funny to see people "exercising" while talking on the phone?
Sounds like you and DH are still doing really well. Don't know about the Zig Zag...if it ain't broke, don't fix it seems to work so far....By the way, you mistyped my middle name...but I have done the same so you are 4givn.
Post a Comment