Monday, May 16, 2011

Last weigh in...

Well, we had our last weigh in on Thursday. I was down another pound.  I ended up losing 17 pounds and 19 inches during this competition.  I've lost 20 in all. The inches don't sound right to me, but my body fat was down a bunch also.  This is just a start for me.  I'm used to working out and using the food diary, so I'll continue in this vein until I lose around 30 more pounds. I learned a lot during the competition. The main thing I learned is that for me, I have to exercise and move a LOT.  I had always heard, "only 30 minutes a day, five days a week". I have to face up to it, that just wont work for me.  I have to get my cardio up and keep it up for  at least 45 minutes to one hour. I know this now and I think it will work for me.  We have our group party this weekend, so that should be fun.

I'll keep posting here until I lose my remaining weight.  I'll be keeping track of other weight loss blogs because you're never too old to learn something from someone else.

We'll talk soon.

3 comments:

Peri said...

Well, I think you have done a phenomenal job of sticking with it. We all say we will lose and we all have big plans and in past posts you have shown all the ins and outs of success and failures...overall you have done a great job I think and I am willing to wager that you will indeed lose the rest of the weight you want to lose. It didn't go on in a few weeks and it sure won't all come off in a few weeks, but as long as you post about it, I will hang in there with ya!

Tina said...

Amazing. I'm so happy for you. I have a lot of work to do and you inspire me. Keep it up.
T

kathyj333 said...

Same for me. I've got to move a lot to lose anything.