Friday, November 25, 2011

The holidays are upon us

Well, the holidays are upon us and while we didn't overindulge too much for Thanksgiving, my delicate constitution isn't aware of that. Enough of that, I'm ready to get back on my regular plan of healthy eating. We had our  first weigh in last week (we're only weighing once a month) and I was down three pounds, but it really isn't indicative of anything.  I had eaten way too much the night of weigh in, in my mind it doesn't really count.

I am struggling with a team member that refuses to stop talking during our sessions and I feel like I'm being gypped out of some of the experience.  She is one of those gals that needs constant reassurance.  I really don't know if she has poor body image, or just needs attention.  She mentions the size of and burden of carrying her "butt" around all day.  How hard the exercises are because of her butt, how she doesn't want to lift weights because her arms are too big (what ever that means) and on and on.  The reason I join these weight loss programs is because I need the discipline of having a trainer.  I would not exercise as vigorously as I do if not for this program.  I'm beginning to wonder if it really is worth it. I am so tired of her constant chatter, that I'm wondering do I really need to balance on a ball and do push ups and such?  I really think that this will be my last round of this program.  I'm just not sure how I feel about things.  I know I am stronger than I was a year ago and that is actually my main goal. Strength and endurance comes from exercising.

I'm venting, I guess.  Why is it always so difficult to workout with a group? Is one out of every four people a jerk?  Last time we had  boy/girl teams with a team mate that was down right mean and was physically a bully to the other guy on the team.  Same trainer, nothing much was done, but that guy dropped out about halfway with an injury or something. Honestly, upon reflection, I think that the trainer is the problem.  I like her as a person and one-on-one she is a good trainer (I guess), but she really doesn't have much control of a team.

What are you thoughts on this? 

No comments: