That doesn't mean that I've given up, it just means that I want to find a way to customize my workouts and not be at the mercy of a pre-determined generic workout. I'm tired of dreading the sessions. Everyone says working out is supposed to be fun. Well, guess what...going out with your honey, that's what's fun. Meeting up with friends where your hair looks good and you don't have to worry about passing gas in public because you are in a torturous position, that's what's fun. Meeting new people and not sweating on them when you shake their hand, that's what's fun. Get my drift?
I tried to make the most of it, but truth be told, I don't give a rat's patooty if I never do another burpee or another mountain climber. I'm ready to plan my own workout, doing the things that I like so the workout will be less aggravating (notice I didn't say fun). I think I can still be fit and feisty if I do it myself. This is the second time I've tried the standard trainer driven workout plan of bosu balls and crab walks, and this old gal is tired of people thinking I'm a miserable old coot, because I don't think military style calisthenics are fun.
So all that being said, I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I'm not saying I'm smarter than the certified trainer, I'm saying she's not certified in motivating and training a Silver Fox like me. I'll show them, you just wait and see!
No comments:
Post a Comment