Saturday, December 17, 2011

I will not give up

Even though I'm old, I will not give up. Even though I never get any comments here,I will not give up.  Even though I'm so tired of the rules of staying fit, I will not give up. Even though I ate six pieces of toast with jam for my breakfast this morning, I will not give up. 

Even though I want to, I will not give up.  Even though my back hurts, I will not give up.  Even though I have corns on my pinky toes, I will not give up.  Even though I really want to stop worrying about my weight, I will not give up.

Life is good.  I have food (obviously) and a sweet husband and two loving sisters.  I have a nice house and fun things to do with my free time.  I pretty much have it made.  Why would a gal in my situation feel defeated by the inability to lose weight?  I don't know.  It's the one thing that no matter what I do I can't control.  I really don't want to be consumed by numbers and grams and trans fats and words that end with "ose".  I don't want to be, but I am.  But you know what?  Even though... I will not give up.

1 comment:

TL said...

What you wrote is extremely inspirational. I think it's empowering for everyone who reads your blog to see that you're not going to give up in spite of the challenges before you. Thanks!