Sunday, April 15, 2018

The past is gone and the future is now

I used to have a little blog about losing weight, a subject that I knew a lot about but never really succeeded at. So I am renaming this blog and starting anew. You have to be a bit inquisitive to find it now. That means you have to go to my profile on my other blog and click in on the link for this one.  If you have done that I do hope you will let me know.

All that being said, the past is really gone, but certainly not forgotten.  I dont dwell there, in fact, in order to move forward after some changes in my life, I moved across country to live in a gated community in Southern California.

While I am living in the here and now, I still sometimes remember back regarding some of the things I have seen and experienced in the olden days. I might talk about them here, I might change my mind and dust myself off and try to forget about them.

I am an artist and I work primarily with alcohol ink and alcohol markers.  When I paint I use acrylic paint and am usually quite satisfied with my own creations. I decorate my home with my own original paintings, sometimes sneaking in a copy of an old master, here and there.

I am adaptable, probably to a fault, but I do have things that I wont budge on.  I am not an outdoorsy type, so don't ask me to hike the mountain with you.  I might go for a little walk, but not very far.

I don't like heights so forget me getting in a hot air balloon with you.  I see them all the time in the area here, but it's not for me.

I dont drink and I don't smoke and I'm not a foodie.  In fact, I'm the opposite of all those things. I get tired of seeing posts on social media about your bar of the evening or even your favorite cutesy named restaurant where the portions are large enough to choke a rhino.

I have some physical issues that keep me from eating everything in sight without feeling really bad soon after and while I will eat out, I'm very cautious with what I choose.

In addition to being artsy, I'm also a writer and am working on a novel that if I ever get it completed, will be quite fun.

I will be checking back here fairly often and hopefully making some new friends, but if not, I'll just use this for an online journal and still enjoy life.

Take care and try not to dwell in the past.

No comments: