Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't ya' just love Mondays?

I love every morning that I awake to see another day. I know that sounds sappy, but I truly do. Everyone makes mistakes during the day and I have always looked at tomorrow (cue Annie) as a chance to do something differently. It doesn't always make it better, but hopefully, but it just might make a difference in the way you feel about things.

When I say mistakes, it may be as simple as a thought that you had, that you aren't particularly proud of. It may be something that you actually said or did that didn't have the desired result. Not to worry, tomorrow is another day and we can do better.

All that being said, I love Mondays. It's the perfect day to start anything. Start something new, or perhaps to start something over, like getting back into that good habit that you let slide, or it might be the perfect time and the perfect day to start a new Workout. Hubs and I went to Best Buy to kill some time the other day and I wanted to get a workout video. I am not that great about walking in my neighborhood, hills, dogs, yada, yada, but I had a "walk your way to fitness" type video in my hand, you know, the kind that you walk inside the house...and Hubs said he would rather see me try something else. He said, "you are way too energetic just to walk", try this one. I don't think he realizes how hard walking can be sometimes....but, if he sees me as energetic enough to do this video, I wasn't going to say no. He picked Jackie's workout video along with another ab workout and away we went.

I popped it in the machine this morning and did the upper body portion. Each segment is only 20 minutes which includes a brief warm up and a stretching segment. I can handle 20 minutes. It's the 30, 45 and 60 minutes ones that take me down. I made it thru the first 12 minutes and then I realized that I was going to have to stop for a minute. So, I did. That's the beauty of working out at home, she may be saying, "I know it burns, but don't stop", I said, "oh yeah, watch this" and I sat on the couch with my water and watched her go through the next two minutes.

No one thinks badly of me, I wasn't next to some cute little 40 year old, showing off her moves. I wasn't sitting on the curb, red faced and puffing outside someones house in my neighborhood. It was just me and my bad knees and my .... well, I could go on, but the point is I did it. I will probably be sore tomorrow, but after that brief rest on the couch, I got back up and did the rest of it. This is a pretty intensive workout that uses weights. But don't sell yourself short. Maybe you can do it. If not today, it's something to plan for. Maybe you can do it on Monday.

Whew, my elbows are still shaking, but it feels good. Have a great day, ya'll and remember that we are in this together. See you tomorrow for weigh in.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Just checkin' in to see how your week went and workin' out makes a huge difference. I better get on it and try something new. The treadmill is boring me and the thought of getting on.......well, I don't want to go there.
I weighed in and was up 1/2 pound today. No worries. I'm keepin on.
Blessings
T