Sunday, December 21, 2008

Am I a Scrooge?

I just posted this on my blog at Spark People. I hope no one gets mad if they read it here (or there for that much). It's just how I feel right at this moment, and I may come back and delete it later, as I have been known to do that, too. Who knows? Anyway, here is my rant for the moment.

I don't have children or grandchildren. I celebrate my love of Christ everyday and want all Christians to also. I am tired of the fact that some people really put themselves into debt for presents that are unnecessary and sometimes unwanted. The fact that the Christmas season arrives in the stores in October is unreal. My husband and I don't put up a tree, just a few decorations on the shelves, etc. I am not against Christmas at all, and perhaps it just makes me miss family members that have passed on. I just want to get on with my everyday life of loving my husband and talking to my remaining family on the phone with an occasional visit on my terms. Is that too much to ask? Am I being selfish? I am sensitive to the needs of the less fortunate year round and I don't need some tear jerk movie that makes me feel like I am a mean old bear if I don't go, once a year and do good deeds that everyone should do on a regular basis.

I have not been very successful on my weight loss plan. I am just waiting for the sun to shine and for me and my hubby to be able to get back to our everyday schedule.

Wahh, poor me. I'm such a whiny baby. I have a very good life and I have no need to complain about not having the basics and more. I am just so tired of everyone going so overboard every year about this season that is supposed to mean more than it actually does.

That's it for me today. Hopefully once this is over, I can get back on board with healthy habits and feel better about everything.

Take care, and if I don't see you before them, Merry Christmas. Yes, I really mean it. Merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, this is obviously not meant for you, so don't go off in a huff. One huffy old blogging chick is sufficient.

2 comments:

Kims Art said...

You are not a scrooge! Everything you said is true. I stopped the buying two years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. My children who are grown come for a good meal and sweet treats and family together time, kind of like Thanksgiving and it's a good thing. I have lost many loved ones in past few years and it hurts that they are not with us and the holidays are not the same, so that may be part of why you are feeling this way. It will be over soon. Just a few more days to go.

kathyj333 said...

I don't think it's selfish at all to feel that way about Christmas. I understand it 100%. This year has been particularly hard for me to get out and do any kind of shopping. I didn't even decorate. Anyway, like Kim say, "It will be over soon."