Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's not "real"

I am up to 175.5 today, but knowing my body as well as I do, I know it is water retention. I have been eating chips in the evening and I know that I weigh 2-3 pounds more when I do that. I have not been drinking enough water and have been drinking soft drinks. The only exercise that I gotten this week is walking around the store buying snacks and then the movement of my hand while I sit on the couch and draw.

I feel really good and my hubby and I are going in for a pedicure today. I used to think of this as a treat, but as I get older and it becomes more of a hassle to do myself, I think it is a necessary health measure. The girl that does our pedi's and mani's is very strong and in addition to taking care of what might become health concerns of the feet, she give a reflexology type massage. It almost hurts when she does it, but it helps break down the build up of toxins in my feet and legs and it feels so good afterward.

Well, I have talked enough now that you have forgotten about my snacking and water gain, so I will be off. I may find time to post some new drawings on my art blog, so if you follow that, be prepared for holiday drawings.

Take care and hang in there.

1 comment:

cherokeefox said...

You sound JUST like me. Eat the wrong thing and gain a lot...eat a little to nothing and stay the same or maybe if we are lucky lose 1 pound. I don't drink many carbonated beverages since this past February, due to kidney stones. What a nightmare!!! I am back up to 175 today even though I have really been trying harder. The past 2 weeks, I had been holding at 172. I'm not sure why I weigh so much today. I've already been to the bathroom about 6 times due to drinking almost 20 oz. of water so far this morning. OH WELL, I'm used to it. Besides 175 isn't so bad, it could be worse.