Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The weather here is beautiful...

For about four days in a row, it was super hot and humid. Today the breezes are blowing and it was a pleasure to take my trusty loppers and my red walking stick and play around in the woods. I can only work for about 30 minutes before my face gets hot and scary red and I have to go back in. I am extremely fair skinned and I want to think the redness is from that and not my lack of fitness. On the other hand I can hike around for long periods of time, it's just when I start pulling vines from trees and sawing branches that I get overheated. I suppose that's to be expected, but it certainly makes me feel limited and I don't like that.

I had my 56th birthday Saturday and in my family that's like 36. My mother and grandmother and all my uncles lived long, long lives. They never did a lot of physical activity, they just "puttered around" with flowers and yard work. Maybe I need to pace myself more.

This weekend the sweetest cheerleaders from our local high school came by selling candles. As they were leaving one of them got stung by a yellow jacket on my porch. I hate bees of any kind and I know how it is to be freaked out by them. The little thing was in such pain and so scared, that I brought them in and cracked ice with a hammer and had her hold a baggie of ice on the sting. I will see them again when they bring my order. Boy, am I glad I had already made my purchase when she got stung, otherwise it would have looked like an "I'm guilty" purchase.

That's all for today, still hanging in at 170-171, but with this heat I'm not eating as much and hopefully I will jump start myself back into actually losing. Maintaining is important, but I wants to lose!!

Have a great week kids and stay healthy and happy!!

3 comments:

donnap said...

We've had some lovely days here too. The heat can kill you though. Be careful out there and stay hydrated. I'm fair skinned too, so I know what you mean about the red face. LOL! When I'm outdoors in the heat, I keep a wet rag around my neck to help keep me cool.

I'm not losing right now either. I lose a couple pounds, then they find me. So frustrating! Hang in there! We're meet our goal one day!

Take care!

Patty said...

Happy Birthday Susan! And isn't it wonderful to have good genes on your side? A few centenarians are in my family tree, and my parents are in their seventies and both are really healthy--no meds, no real health issues that I know of. They are both "putterers", so maybe that is they key!

AJ said...

Hi there, love your blog. This is my year for weight loss, too. Thirty pounds so far. Enjoy your warm weather. It's a cold rainy weekend here in Oklahoma