Thursday, September 10, 2009

Does this count?

I was all pumped up to work out yesterday. Got on the treadmill for about 12 minutes and the phone rang. Since my husband was out running errands, I thought it might be him with a question, so I stopped and answered the telephone. It was the car insurance folks responding to an inquiry we had, so I had to take some notes, etc. Finally got back on the treadmill for 10 more minutes when the hubby comes in with, of all things, chicken biscuits from BoJangles. I turned everything off and instead of working out, I worked on that biscuit. After having a heart to heart with the hubby about junk food I went on with the day. Never finishing the treadmill workout.

Question, is walking in increments of 10 or 15 minutes several times a day, really as effective as staying at it for the entire 40 minutes?

What have you experienced?

4 comments:

LaDolceVita said...

My understanding is that it all adds up, and it doesn't really matter if you do it all at once or piecemeal.

Yum that chicken biscuit sounds delish :)

New Mum Online said...

I read my post back and those bits jumped out at me now, (no weighing and sleeping like a couch potato). Good point sweetie. I am letting the side down.
Thanks for being my coach and giving me the much needed pep talk comment - hee hee.

Hope you are very very well.

Liska x

New Mum Online said...

As long as each of those sessions were purposeful and not leisurely AND got your heart rate up, I don't see why not
x

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I hope it all adds up...thats how I am doing it.....So GLAD to find your blog....I enjoyed my stop tonight. There are so many new and fun blogs that I am finding everyday. Hope you will stop by and see my new Christmas blog... http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
There is a GREAT giveaway going on now for a Great Ornament Giveaway on Oct 1....all you have to do is leave a comment.....I love finding new blogs and make new blog friends.