Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why am I dreaming this?

On Tuesday night I dreamed that my husband and I were on some type of vacation. There was this really good looking gal that was assisting us is some way, perhaps as a tour guide. She kept giving my husband the "eye". Even in my dream, my husband was unaware of this flirting. (He never knows that chicks are checking him out. He is quite a hunk and all women love him. He is super friendly and just thinks ladies are being nice to him.) Anyway in this dream, we are all three set to go somewhere and I can't find the things that I need to join them. He is patiently waiting for me to find whatever it is I am hunting, but she keeps inching closer and closer to him as he waits. I can't remember everything about the dream, but it did include me not locking the door to where we were staying. It was very open to the outside, like a sun porch or screened structure and I remember seeing wild animals of sorts, maybe a gorilla roaming freely outside. I remember knowing I needed to lock things up and I found pad locks, but instead of extra keys, there were bolt cutters to cut the locks when you lost your keys. This dream when on for seemingly hours and contained all the usual dream elements, but the main theme was this chick wanting to be with my hubby.

If I want to be honestly analytical, this dream probably occurred because of our recent trip to California. We rode in several open vehicles, we saw lots of wild animals at the zoo and before the trip, the hubs had to cut our old locks off of our luggage with wire cutters.

Therefore, I know that this dreams really mean nothing sinister since it contains all the elements of things that have actually happened to us recently. Right? I even discussed the dream with hubby and was laughingly reassured that he loves me and will never leave me and it was just a dream.

Well, then last night-the next night, by the way-I dreamed about this girl again and this time I realized who she is. Angelina Jolee! Yes, Angelina Jolee is trying to steal my husband! Guess what? In this dream, he went with her and he told me he was going to go with her. This dream involved all my usual dream themes. We were in a large room where folks were eating cafeteria style. Perhaps a hospital setting? I remember lots of former friends being there and asking me what was wrong? Was I sad? I remember piling all these food items in industrial plastic type packaging on my tray and trying to get to a table with them. Then instead of eating, I was trying to find a seat so I could draw a sketch of someone in the cafeteria. I don't think it was Angelina, but I'm not sure. Again, the dream seems to go on forever with lots of other stuff happening.

When I told hubs about this dream, he laughed and reminded me that when he was out of town last week, when I called him, he told me he watched one of Angelina's movies in the hotel room.

So here is what I'm thinking. Perhaps I am feeling like I need to do more for my hubby. He is very concerned with current events and keeps up with the news, some might think he is almost obsessive about staying informed. I try to stay aware of what is going on and feel like I am helping to keep him grounded, while supporting him in these areas, as well as others. Do I feel like I am losing him to his computer, television and radio? No, it can't be that, he has always been very intense and passionate about his interests, so I'm used to that.

Am I unconsciously concerned about my body image, and only acting like I really don't mind being 30 pounds overweight? What do you think? Are dreams sometimes just dreams? Or do they always have to mean something? Let me know what you think before Angelina takes my husband!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very funny person, I love how you write. I think you dream may be about your insecurity over you weight. At least if it was my dream that is what it would be about. Your hubby is probably not cheating on you and your probably not going to loose him to Angelina or anything like that ;). You just stored up tidbits from when you felt slightly insecure and then dreamed about them. But then I don't really know. P.S. Next time you have the dream remind "Angelina" that she has 600 kids (or however many she is up to now) that she should be tending to instead of chasing your hubby. :)