Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't call it lazy...

I used to hate to hear someone even say the word lazy. I'm not lazy at all, but sometimes I am unmotivated. I'm a hard worker, a quick study and an all-around good egg. Just don't call me lazy, "them's fightin' words". Anyway upon reflection, as we are so apt to do at this time of the year, I decided to get this book.

It's written by the founder of SparkPeople.com, a weight loss website that I've been on for about 16 months. I haven't worked the program and I have gained 10 pounds. It's not their fault, at all. I think I need more motivation. The reason that I got the book, is that even though I love the internets and the world wide webs, I love to have a nice hefty book to carry around with me. I need to have something to go to as a guide, when I'm feeling sluggish in my drive to be what I want to be. Sometimes I'd rather go to page whatever, than go to the computer. I'll let you know how it works for me.

How are things going with all you cats? Are you motivated and pumped up? Have you started new programs? Let me know what keeps you motivated. Keep me posted.

That's it for today, talk soon. xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea to me! I hope it works for you. What keeps me motivated is knowing that in just 6 months, I could be at my goal weight. That's not very long when you compare it to the 10 years that I've been yo-yo dieting. Keep us updated with how the book works out for you! I'm interested in hearing about it.

cherokeefox said...

Okay...first let me start by saying that I too have not been motivated much lately. I have gained about 7 lbs recently. I am trying hard to get back on track because I have a doctors appt next week & I don't want to go in there weighing more than the last time I was there so, I am going to try to lose at least 5 pounds before next Tuesday. I had raw carrot sticks & leaf lettuce for supper but I have to admit it's because I had Chinese food for lunch. Winter is not a motivater for losing weight so for now I guess any little excuse to keep me on track will do. I guess the main thing that keeps me on track is the way I feel. I hate grinding knees & aching backs. I'm trying to remember how it felt to be able to cross my legs without any effort & the ease of finding new clothes.

Tina said...

Well, I'm trying to get motivated. It's coming. I can feel it, but it's not lazyness. thanks for making that point.
T

Magnolia Memories08 said...

So glad to find your blog..Maybe we can encourage each other..This was my thoughts for my first blog of the New Year no hits..I just need someone to encourage me as well as for me to encourage you..I know I need to get very serious about my weight..thanks for sharing this...Look forward to hearing from you..