Okay, so the squash is cooked and cooled just a bit so I can handle it. For some reason I really didn't understand how it would come out in strands, but it does.
This bad boy yields quite a lot, about five cups. I took the contents of the first half and showed the hubby. I had mentioned a new recipe, which he already knew he wouldn't be eating, because he thought I was making spaghetti with squash in it.Imagine his surprise when I showed it to him. Totally confused, he didn't know what it was, and said "what, does it come in a pod?" so I brought him into the kitchen to see what it look liked. He was completely aghast, ready to run. It apparently conjured up frightening images of scary things in pods and he was not impressed with my newly found food or the attack like method of using the fork to make the strands. He shivered visibly and retreated to the safety of the living room.
There was so much that I froze half, leaving plenty to use for the recipe I'll try later this evening. It's simple: reheat, add a bit of chicken broth, a table spoon of olive oil and some Parmesan cheese. It could be served chilled, like a standard pasta salad.
Well, that's it for today. Hope everyone is having a great week. Remember you're never too old to learn something new. For me it was cooking a squash, what will it be for you?
Take care and stay healthy.
2 comments:
We love Spaghetti Squash. It is such a weird thing though. Hubby slices it in half turns it sliced side down on a pan and bakes it, then prepares it like you did, stringy, and then puts grilled chicken and a light sauce of OVOO salt and garlic. Yummo.
Enjoy
T
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!
Post a Comment