Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back to the old grind...

...or there's no place like home.  I'm back from vacation and while I loved seeing my sister and had a bunch of fun with her, I was ready to come back home.  Home to my darling hubby, home to my usual routine and home to step on the scales and see how much I gained.  Well, I was up a few pounds, but nothing I can't bounce back from.

I finished my first round of swimming lessons and have signed up for eight more.  We will have the same instructor, so she already knows our confidence levels.  I can still get a little wonky and flail about and can't remember how to "right" myself, but for the most part I am quite proud of my progress.  After "playing" in their pool with me and accessing my newly acquired skills, my sisters stationed themselves on opposite sides of the pool and had me swim from one of them to the other, until I was in the deep end.  So, for the most part of our pool day, I swam in eight feet of water.  I was completely unafraid and had a blast.

Now, since their pool is surrounded by beautiful, lush tropical plants...


I wasn't surprised to find the next day my allergies were acting up.  I didn't let a few sniffles and snorts slow me down any.  We had lots of fun going out to eat, doing art, shopping and visiting a wonderful art museum. Shucks, we even went to the shore and watched the surfers.

But, as they say all good things do come to an end, so I'm back here in the South, in my home city, sometimes called Big Lick.  I'm getting back in the groove, ready to start back on my treadmill and continue my swimming. 

That's all for me, hope everone else is having a blast.  So let's get ready for the new week, planning  our meals, our snacks and even our treats.  That way we are in control.  Now I'm sure I'm the only one out there with control issues, but that's another post for another day.

Take care and we'll talk soon.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I just have this sweet image in my head of you swimming and your sisters cheering you on. I'm telling you that made me smile big.
Blessings to you
t

Susan said...

Thanks Tina, it was a pretty awesome thing.