I got my second issue of Fitness magazine this week, haven't had a chance to read it completely, though. Does anyone want to confess up to sending it to me? I want to think that it is being sent by a well meaning friend, that chooses to remain anonymous, but I would have preferred getting a card saying it was sent by a friend, then not knowing. On the other hand, the paranoid (admit, it you have one, too) portion of my psyche thinks it was sent by a person that has gotten disgusted with me for not losing my weight, or for never changing the habits that she knows is causing my size to stay the same. Well, if that is who sent it...B-O-O, H-O-O.
(Sorry new readers, don't get scared, I'm not really a mean girl...I just vent sometimes. ) Speaking of not losing my weight, I haven't gained any either. If fact, I have been wearing the same size clothing for about five years now. I know that the size that I currently wear, is to cover a butt that is at least 3 sizes too big. I wear about a size 14/16 pants and would look smashing if I were wearing a size 12.
I've been told that a size 12 is considered plus sized in the modeling industry. Can you believe that? Yikes, wonder what those folks really think of us real sized women? I bet they think we are dirty and stinky and slobs. No, seriously, that's what some folks think of people that aren't slim. I have a friend, my age, that is very well-off. She has tried having a personal trainer, gone to spas, had wraps and lots of things, but she just pretty much stays the same size. Other than slightly elevated cholesterol levels, she seems to be fairly healthy. She is about 100 pounds over what would be considered the best weight for her. She is a computer/techno geek type, that doesn't put a lot into her clothing budget, although she can afford to. She thinks if a person doesn't like her because of how she looks, they aren't worth knowing.
You would not believe how she is treated when people don't know how wealthy she is. They treat her like she is repulsive to them. If they do find out that she could buy them and their boss several times over, then they treat her like a queen. Sad state of affairs.
Long way around to remind us to treat people with respect. If we aren't in the same group as a certain person, or we don't like the way they dress, that doesn't mean we have to hang out with them, but it certainly would not hurt to be nice.
Well, that's it for today. Take care, try to read labels, eat healthy and exercise your mind and your body. I care about you.
I've been told that a size 12 is considered plus sized in the modeling industry. Can you believe that? Yikes, wonder what those folks really think of us real sized women? I bet they think we are dirty and stinky and slobs. No, seriously, that's what some folks think of people that aren't slim. I have a friend, my age, that is very well-off. She has tried having a personal trainer, gone to spas, had wraps and lots of things, but she just pretty much stays the same size. Other than slightly elevated cholesterol levels, she seems to be fairly healthy. She is about 100 pounds over what would be considered the best weight for her. She is a computer/techno geek type, that doesn't put a lot into her clothing budget, although she can afford to. She thinks if a person doesn't like her because of how she looks, they aren't worth knowing.
You would not believe how she is treated when people don't know how wealthy she is. They treat her like she is repulsive to them. If they do find out that she could buy them and their boss several times over, then they treat her like a queen. Sad state of affairs.
Long way around to remind us to treat people with respect. If we aren't in the same group as a certain person, or we don't like the way they dress, that doesn't mean we have to hang out with them, but it certainly would not hurt to be nice.
Well, that's it for today. Take care, try to read labels, eat healthy and exercise your mind and your body. I care about you.
2 comments:
Well, it wasn't me, I would fess up. All I will send you are prayers. This is a battle and a journey and you have my support. The blessing is it's a new day in a new year and weight watchers is helping me so much cause I need that accountability. It helped me to maintain through the holidays and now I have a goal of May to be down to my goal. Whether I make it in my time frame or not, I'm enjoying the journey.
Glad you are out there, my dear.
T
Today I went for a long walk almost 2 miles. Thought I would try walking again. The first time I lost weight the only exercise I did was walk and I lost 40 lbs. Now that I gained it back and an extra 10 lbs I need to get back to what worked for me.
I understand how people can be so mean about heavy people. I always say one day I will not be fat and they will still be rude. I would rather be fat.
Thanks for blogging about your journey it is inspiring.
Jill in Florida
Post a Comment