We are taking part in the current "cold snap". It has warmed up to 7 degrees. If you are like me, you want to reach for the comfort food during the winter. I have done this several times lately and the scales are up 2 pounds.
I know that I am an emotion eater. I snack mindlessly when I'm bored or when I reading. I learned to eat while I read by reading the back of the cereal box on the kitchen table. I'm not saying that if Mom had put away the box after pouring our cereal, I would not be overweight...I'm just pointing out how easily unhealthy habits can be started and how early they start.
When I stayed with my grandmother as a child, if I was bothered by something, she gave me money to go get fudge Popsicles at the little store at the corner of our street. Then she had a nervous breakdown and they sent me (at seven years old) to stay with her. Both of my unmarried uncles lived with her and worked out of town and I guess I was supposed to call someone if Gram had a "spell". All I know is that by the time I went back home to my mom at age twelve, I was at least 30 pounds overweight. Short version of this story is I was an overweight child, and it really wasn't my fault, but that's how I learned to be an emotional eater.
On another subject, my hubby has been having pretty bad stomach and back pain for several months now and I finally got him to the doctor. Then off for x-rays and ultrasound. They called yesterday to say we need to set up an appointment for a surgeon, as he has gallstones and a hiatal hernia.
He is not going to agree to surgery without looking into all other alternatives. I could insist that he have the surgery, and he probably will, but any real life input would be appreciated here. I had a boss that almost died when his bile duct got blocked with a stone, but I can't remember enough of the specifics to be able to use this as a reason to convince hubs to have the surgery.
That's it for now, remember to check my other blog this week, as I will be putting up some new art soon. Take care and stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment