Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still no loss, no gain, but still in the pink!

I will not be unhappy with this plateau. As soon as the weather permits, I will be working quite vigorously in my back woods and I am sure that will help with the stall in weight loss that I am experiencing. In the mean time, just a quick mention of something I did today. I love hot tea on a rainy day and I really love flavored and spicy teas. Alas, I had no flavored teabags. I tried this...

heat water for teabag
dunk said teabag for however long y'all want
heat (I used the microwave on 14 seconds) a tablespoon
of your favorite fruit spread and then remove the solid fruit (if any)
stir the remaining melted syrup into hot tea and WOWZY, WOO WOO!!!

Hold on to your socks, cause this is delish!!!!

Seriously though, the all-fruit spreads (not jams and jellies, check that label) are not sweetened with sugar, but juice and concentrate. Fruit juices and concentrates make for great sweeteners when you are avoiding refined sugars and honey. Be sure to check out the book and the website, "Dr. Gott's No Sugar No Flour Diet" for more interesting information on this subject.

That's it for now. Take care and enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm still at 171!!! I didn't gain, I didn't lose this week. let's keep on keepin' on and I love the tea idea.

Blessings
T