Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yikes, It's only six months till Christmas

I had plans to be quite thin and in shape by now. I really had. Our new fitness center will be open in January 2010 and I had visualized myself all tarted up in new work out gear and cushiony new Rykas...silver ponytail swinging in sync with arms held at the perfect angle as I whiz around the new walking track.

Reality check. Uhh, ok, I've still got six months to get in shape to go to the fitness center. I really don't want to be the old chick with the pretty face. The one that is gasping for breath just going up the stairs to the track. I don't want to have to stumble over too long yoga pants because these dimpled thighs are too hideous to fit into spandex shorts. I really don't.

So here's the plan...kick it into gear, starting tomorrow. I've already had a Weight Watcher's pizza and some potato chips for dinner, so logically I need to stuff my face with everything I can tonight.

I have a tread mill that works (I need to move my loom and a fan in order to use it, but I digress), and I have a really good knowledge of nutrition and blah, blah, blah.

Quit blabbering and start doing. I can do it, I know I can. I will do it, I know I will. (This is me giving myself a pep talk)

Well, anyway...tomorrow is another day. We'll see how it goes. My sweet hubby told me that perhaps I could shoot for an award from the gym as client "most improved since buying membership". I'll take that,too.

We'll talk later. Take it easy, dudes and dudettes.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Oh Susan, I totally love your logic in the 3rd parapgraph!! And believe me, I have used that same logic many times!! You made me belly laugh. And "all tarted up" is a phrase I am definitely going to have steal and use sometime. Very funny.

New Mum Online said...

Hi Susan

Because you and Victor keep bumping into each other on the comment section of my blog I thought I would share his blog address with you:
http://www.torcato.co.uk/

Don't worry I told him I was going to share it with you.

Bye for now, Liska x
P.S. I don't normally like cats but your kitten is gorgeous xx

InWeighOverMyHead said...

On to Christmas! :)

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Libby Buttons said...

I hear ya. By Christmas I will probably have lost and gained back the same 10 pounds! Ugh! Ive been walking about 3 miles a day w/ my dogs but will I be able to keep it up when cold weather comes????
smiles
Darlie
aka "LiBBy BuTTons"