I think that perhaps some of us are in the same boat. There are certainly some ultra-success stories out there in blog land. Success is relative to the individual, though. I think that for the most part, lots of us are just trying to lose a little bit of weight, while some of us consider no weight gain a success. I have mentioned before that I don't exercise, even though I know that all the advisers stress you must exercise in order to lose weight and stay healthy.
Staying healthy is really key for my husband and me. I am 56 and he is not quite 52, so we are seeing a bit of difference in things. He is finally noticing a gray hair here and there and those of you that know me, know I sport a head full of silver locks. We are both starting to do crazy things that we never did before, like putting freezer foods in the regular part of the fridge and putting on two pair of undies. You know, the usual absent minded stuff.
With the possibility of health care options becoming limited for the elderly, I know that I must keep us as healthy as I can, as we plan on being around a long time. With all this being said, don't be discouraged if perhaps this blog becomes more about living healthy in general, with an occasional article about actual weight loss.
Just know that when I am at the keyboard, it will usually be as positive as possible. I am a positive thinking person by nature and that just sort of spills over into my writing. Even when I was at my worst (and everyone has had those days) I was never angst ridden or a poor me baby.
Blessedly I am healthy and happy and hopeful. Combine that with a loving husband, the freedom to do my art and to make jewelry, and the ability to sift through a bunch of junk to get to the "good stuff", and that makes me one extremely grateful chick.
Enjoy your week and make one good choice today. That's all I ask. Just one. It might be not eating the whole pack of cookies... it might be adding an apple... it might be parking further away from the store. Whatever it is, just do it.
Well, that's it for today. Take care and have fun.
1 comment:
You said some encouraging things this gal needed to hear to day. I feel yucky, bloated (that time o the month), and saw my reflection in the window at the book store and just almost cried. I needed to read your post today.
Love
T
Post a Comment