Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a quick tip

I mentioned in my last post something about motivation. Here is another thing I noticed this week. I think this applies to everyone, not just me. If you are home during the day, make it a point to dress as if you have something to do. For me, this means putting on jeans and good athletic shoes. One day this week, it was really cold and I put on stretchy comfy yoga pants and knee socks and house shoes. I realized after sitting on the couch and drawing all day, that I would have been more motivated if I were dressed differently. If you want to be motivated to work out, put on your work out gear while you are doing your daily chores and soon you will be making strides on the treadmill or hopping and bopping to your favorite exercise video. It works, try it!

Well, that's it for today. Have a good one and stay motivated!

5 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh man, this is so very true!! :> )
~Peanut

Sue said...

I like it, I like it....Good tip..
Hugs
Sue

Ms Dragonfly said...

i've just clicked to follow you. this is a great idea for a blog and this post has a great idea in it. i have also recently noticed that if i dress frumpy that it effects my day and i tent to be more pessimistic and lazy but if i dress well enough to go out and about, to be seen then i feel better about myself and tent to be more active. you are so right, how you dress does effect you a lot!

hope you have a great weekend!!

Ms Dragonfly said...

whoo hoo, got my weight ticker and put it on my blog! i have such a L O N G way to go! i've been looking for something like this, so glad i found it here. it really helped the last time i had a lot of weight to lose.

New Mum Online said...

My Mum would so agree with this post. It sums up exactly what she is always telling me. It is so so so true and wise words. I have got into a terrible habit of having a day sometimes two at the weekend of wearing PJs. I become like a sloth and don't do very much. Right now I am in a dressing gown after a long hot bath even though the sun is shining outside (so much that my sitting room feels like a greenhouse) so now I am off to get dressed and go food shopping. I am so glad when blog posts give me words of inspiration and the occasional kick up the bum.

Hee hee, Liska xxxxx