Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The numbers are good

We went today and had our cholesterol checked by Life Line Screening. This was the first time in several years for me. The last time, I think my total cholesterol (TC) was 243. Today's number was 193. I am quite happy with this . I won't bore you with the specifics of each reading, but even though they are not in the "optimal" range, they are all falling in the "desirable" range.

That's it for today, with the exception of something interesting and a bit funny in a sad sort of way. Lately I have been experiencing some weird stomach sensations, almost like an ache or something. At first I thought I had a bug of some kind, it didn't really feel like nausea, but it was just something I couldn't identify. Since we had to fast for eight hours prior to our testing today, I didn't eat anything at all, and about one p.m., I got this weird sensation in my stomach again. Then it hit me...duh...I was hungry. I haven't allowed myself to be hungry for so long, that I didn't recognize what it felt like. I think that is almost sad. Have I been stuffing myself for so long, that I couldn't recognize a hunger pang? Well, at least now I know what being hungry feels like and I won't worry about it, I'll just grab a piece of fruit and be on my way.

Take care and stay healthy!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Congrats on the lower cholestrol, Susan! Keep up the good work!

New Mum Online said...

That's funny. I can relate though. We do just shovel food in our mouths and often don't wait to be truly hungry yet we go around saying things like "is it not lunch time yet, I'm staaaaaaarving" :-)

I go to the Yoga Festival in France every year for 8 days and we only eat a minimal yogic veggie diet there and we do get the opportunity to feel hunger between meals but as we eat nothing naughty at all we get no cravings whatsoever, as a craving is often the memory of when you last had something naughty which once you cut them out they stop..........

Wish I could've told myself that all week and last week (for 2 weeks I have been eating like a pig, hence my blog's gone a little quiet as I don't quite know what to say about myself and my current state of affairs).

Liska xxxxxxxx

Wendy Lou said...

Congrats on your numbers going down! That's always such a nice thing to see.

Tricia said...

Awesome cholesterol update! I wouldn't know hunger if it punched me right in the mouth, so I get you there.

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Congratulations on lowering your cholesterol numbers! We’re so glad that Life Line Screening could be part of your healthy journey. Keep up the great work.